Sunday, April 7, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

        Life has been crazy around here the last couple days!  We're getting ready to go to Myrtle Beach yay!!!!!  It will be the first vacation that we've taken all together as a family since 2004, and we only had Sophie back then.  I've been trying to dig out shorts, flip flops, get directions, and basically go nuts in the mean time lol.  We're leaving tomorrow and we'll be gone for 10 days.  I won't be posting while we're down there, but I'll take lots of pics and post them later :)

        We've mostly been talking about dinosaurs still.  Sophie has read the library book about a million times and showed it to everyone, including company that came to visit.  She's also got a free ebook on the kindle about dinosaurs and fossils that she's looked at a couple times along with a website she put on her favorites that is about dinos and has a bunch of educational type games.  Just about anything dinosaur involved has been happening here.  I had forgotten how much I liked dinosaurs and learning about them until Sophie got into them.  And a lot has changed in the last 18 years or so, I'm shocked!  Or maybe there is just more information out about them?  I don't know.  Its funny that she is becoming sooo into dinosaurs right now, because Jurassic Park is being re-released as 3D.  Sophie is DYING to go see it.  I'm seriously considering it, I want to see it myself!

       Sophie has decided that she is going to open up a bakery, sooner rather than later.  I'm going to look into what she needs to have in order to sell baked goods at a semi-professional level.  Obviously we don't have a building to house a business, but if we could make some stuff, package it, and sell it, she'd be happy to make a few bucks.  She has a whole list of things she wants to buy, and I think making her own money would help her to figure out what stuff she really wants and to appreciate it more. 

         I started crocheting a couple days ago.  Nothing fancy, a couple dish cloths, a pretty little flower/snowflake, and a granny square, but now Sophie is wanting to do that, too.  I'm going to teach her, but I need to get her a easier to handle crochet hook.  I tried with the one I have been using, and her fingers wouldn't do what she wanted.  She has fine-motor skills issue, which I think is coming into play here.  I'm hoping by doing something she WANTS to do, not really HAVING to learn, it will be a mind over matter situation.  She is still struggling with shoe laces, but that isn't fun, so it doesn't hold much appeal.  If she can get the hang of it, I think we'll do a mother-daughter project with it.  I was thinking about getting a real fine, white yarn and making Christmas tree ornaments :)  We usually have homemade ornaments on our tree.

1 comment:

  1. They make the hooks with a bigger handle and I think they're cushioned. I'll look around for them online and send you a few links when I find something.

    ReplyDelete