Monday, August 5, 2013

School's Back IN!!!

Its August, and in West Virginia, that means SCHOOL TIME.  I'm mad at myself for not blogging during the summer, but we were B-U-S-Y.  Between going out on the boat, walks, mini-vacas, and the like, I just didn't have time.  But this school year I am making blogging a "Monday Activity".

I have everything we will be doing this year all ready.  I'm using Easy Peasy for math and language arts for both the kids, at least in the beginning.  I was going to buy Life of Fred for math, but its a HUGE investment, so I'm torn.  I like Easy Peasy for K language arts because it uses McGuffey readers, which is much better than phonics in my opinion.  We will be using Story of the World Vol 1 for S.S, for both, and I am getting a Human Body book and activity books off Amazon for Sophie.  We will adapting those lessons for Gary.  I'm pretty excited :)

We were using Netflix a lot as a supplemental resource, but we aren't getting it anymore (booooo) so I'm looking for new ways to integrate that kind of learning.  I'm thinking that we will be using YouTube a LOT this year.  Gary especially learns so much better when its visual like that.

So that's our game plan, folks.  I'm going to slowly start the kids back into "School mode" if you will, since its still so nice out.  I don't see us doing anything super big until after Labor Day at least.  Not that we are a "nose to the grindstone" type of group anyway haha.

Have fun everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment